Flowers that Glide

Simul justus et peccator

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Winter has finally passed here in Michigan, and I am in a more open mood. The dissertation is nearing completion, and I am feeling very positive about it. It has some strong work in it and lots of room for stronger work to come. I'm pleased with myself a little, which is good.

I've been reading many, many interesting books of poems...perhaps most notably the Philip Jenks books. I highly recommend them. Peter O'Leary's new book Depth Theology is also very good and invigorating.

Final touches have been put on my new book Little Ease, which should be out in September from Ahsahta. The cover art by Jeff Clark is really exciting to me. I've always been a big fan of his covers, and I'm thrilled to have my book graced with one. I hope to be able to make a strong effort to get out and read in many places in the next year.

GutCult is feeling a boost from its new contributing editor Arda Collins. I'm really looking forward to the direction the magazine is headed. It's hard to believe I've been doing it for so long. May it go on for 2 or 3 times as long as it's gone on so far.

A pretty day here.