Flowers that Glide

Simul justus et peccator

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

What's Up

I haven't posted anything in a while. Despite Silliman's suggestion that the blog world is the 'hang-out' of the poetry world (a claim which I think has validity), I've been hanging out in other places. Mainly, my dissertation is absorbing my time. That's as it should be, no doubt. I have found--in my leisure time--a way back to songwriting and recording, which makes me really happy. I've recorded something like 5 songs in the last few weeks. Not sure where they are coming from, but probably just stored up energy. I'm like an elaborate residuum of creative energy. If I take time off from any of my projects, they ultimately break down the door. My excesses do not disappoint me. Call me pseudo-Dionysus. I rock multitudes.